Maintenance of your EB Bag
- Care of the zippers
Remember to periodically clean the zippers on your bag. With a small brush, clean all the dirt that may accumulate on them
- Direct treatment of polyester stains
Do not bleach
Before washing: Put direct bleach-free detergent on the stain and scrub gently with a soft brush. Let it act for a few minutes
Direct hydrogen peroxide can be used on blood stains to aid cleaning.
- Machine wash
Check the product label before putting it on the machine
Try putting it in a wash bag or pillowcase
40⁰C delicate cycle with a textile detergent without optical brightener.
- Hand wash
Check the product label before washing
Dip in a bucket of warm water and scrub with bleach-free detergent
Air dry. It should never be put in dryers
- Tarpaulin cleaning
Dry with a paper.
4% neutral soap
For a more thorough disinfection, any suitable textile disinfectant can be used.
Remember to always check the label on each bag, as not all can be put in the washing machine. Before starting, check that your bag fits loosely in the washing machine and has enough space to move without problem, if not proceed to manual washing.
- If your bag has a metal frame, check if it can be removed before washing.
- Empty your bag of all removable contents. Remember to check the smaller pockets.
- To treat blood stains or other fluids, proceed to directly pour hydrogen peroxide on the stained areas.
- If possible, try to wash the bag inside a laundry bag or pillowcase, this will prevent the tapes and velcro from getting stuck inside the washing machine.
- Household machine washes are recommended at 40⁰C on delicate cycle with a textile detergent without optical brightener.
- For hand washing, fill a bucket with warm water and scrub with a textile detergent without optical brightener.
- For a more thorough disinfection, any suitable textile disinfectant can be used.
- Let your bag dry in the open air, it should never be put in dryers.
We hope that with these tips you can make use of your EB bag for a long time